Saturday, February 2, 2013

review: mua undressed palette;

 (Sorry for the awful/dirty picture, I just couldn't hold myself back from using it!)

The Undressed palette is MUA's answer to Urban Decay's Naked palette and, I assure you, it doesn't disappoint.  At just £4 (less than €5, holy moly!!) this palette is a steal!  Available here.

 It includes 12 neutral shades, from a pale shimmer, through golden tones, to an intense black.  (C'mon girls, we all know how difficult it is to find a highly pigmented black shadow!)  It has two matte shadows, and the rest are packed with a gorgeous satin shimmer that sticks really well to the lids (without sliding halfway down you face, leaving you looking like a disco ball).  The pigmentation and colour payoff of each shade is impressive, needing just a quick swipe to give intense coverage.  As for the texture of the shadows, they're very creamy and smooth, not chalky at all.

(Top row shadows. Swatched on a base of UD's Primer Potion)
(Bottom row shadows. Swatched on a base of UD's Primer Potion)

Downsides?  There's little to nothing I dislike about this palette.  The packaging isn't exactly pretty; it's quite plastic-y and flimsy, and I don't think anyone like those sponge applicators.  But those are just minor details, and for that cheap-as-chips price tag, I can easily overlook them.

Overall:  I would recommend this palette right down to the ground!  It's a perfect addition to any make-up kit, and has quickly become a favourite of mine.  This quality for that price? You can't go wrong.
Rating: 9/10

Have you tried this palette? What are your thoughts?  Thanks for reading!



4 comments:

  1. Hey Shona! I'm really excited to find your blog because I'm an Irish blogger too but I've recently moved to France but thats another story! Thanks for this great review I can't wait to get my hands on this palette!

    katieclarkemakeup.blogspot.com

    would love if you checked out my blog and follow back if you like :)

    katie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for the follow, I followed back :) x

      Delete
  2. I think that I might have to get my hands on this because I have wanted the Urban Decay palette for ages and been a college student not been able to afford it this will be the next best thing for me.

    Charlotte x

    www.blackandwhitesheeps.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it! You can't go wrong for that price. MUA have a Naked 2 dupe now, too x

      Delete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I promise to read and reply to them all! New followers, be sure to leave your URL and say hello! x